Facts Everyone Should Know
- While most fleas hatch from the pupae with in 4-6 weeks they can lay dormant for up to 12 months. This is one reason why you should treat your pets year round with the prevention.
- Adults can lay 50 eggs per day and all it takes is two fleas to complete the life cycle. From these two fleas the amount of fleas grow exponentially each life cycle that is allowed to progress.
- While the eggs are shed onto your pet they fall of into the environment so this infects your house with the pest.
- The larvae do not feed on your pet, or even you! They eat the dust and debris that is in every home. They are hardly visible, so they can't be used as an indicator of a flea problem.
- The adult fleas are the stage that feed off your pets, or in an extreme infestation, you. Since you can not protect your self from the bites treat your animals to help protect your home!
Types of Prevention
- Orals (such as Nexgard, Simparica, and Bravecto) - these are chewable tablets which are given either once a month or once every 3 months.
- Collars (such as Seresto) - Seresto collars are an 8 month prevention, be mindful about which collars you purchase, some collars aren't as effective as others!
- Topical (such as Advantix II or Advantage II, Revolution Plus, or Frontline Plus)- these are liquids that you apply to your animal between their shoulders once every month.
All of these products are safe for your animals. They have been tested thoroughly. If they were not safe, we would not recommend them!